Tuesday, May 26, 2009

what feels good

gardening
making dinner for the kids
going to school for my preparatory orientations and meetings, etc.
reading to the kids
laying in bed alone for five minutes
re-connecting with old friends
returning to my original nature
losing weight and how weird it feels to have a smaller body already
realizing stuff that makes it easier for me to get things done (like: hello, it just occurred to me this morning that i know teenagers who can babysit in the evenings sometimes! JUST realized that. ha.)
listening to music
playing and hanging out with the kids
going to bed earlier and getting up earlier
having my clothes be too big, or the ones that were too small fitting again
drinking water from the office bathroom sink using my hands as a cup. really cold water.
knowing that i am capable and can rely on myself
anticipating classes and art homework
taking photos and posting them to flickr (new photos up, by the way, check out the link) http://www.flickr.com/photos/hedgenettle/
brushing jubal's teeth and helping him go potty (he poops in the potty seat now! yup!)
watching jubal learn so many new words and skills (understanding the concept of two; the words cookie, play, "i two", and more)
having the support of so many friends and family
feeling safe and like it's going to be okay
not being disappointed by my and in my husband anymore

ps. i'm trying to figure out how to upload images from my flickr account into my blog, but it seems i have to do them separately as their own entry... sorry to the folks that get an e mail alert for all new posts. i'll keep trying to figure it out.

No comments: