Sunday, June 14, 2009

tic-talk

my tic has persisted ALL DAY. by which i mean, actually all day long without letup. variances in intensity? yes. reprieve? no. it causes my insides to feel as if they are in constant motion. which causes motion sickness. i wonder if other people with tics have this nauseated side effect? i'd love to hear if they do. we are about to leave to drive to town, as the kids are having a sleepover at rodney's apartment. i am going out with my old high school best friend, erin (thanks facebook!). i guess it's fine if i just keep ticking away, but it would be neat to go out without causing a scene. oh well. at least i'm getting out. i haven't been this social since high school! when i get home i am sewing a special dress for loki, which i hope i remember to take a picture of, since it will be my first dress ever, not counting halloween costumes. blast this interfering tic. here's to hoping it doesn't screw up my driving. or my sewing.

i am grateful for:
the fact that it really is just a tic
my car
jubal
my new tarkio cd (thanks, aunt kim, i used my birthday money to get it and i love it!)
my impending alone time

3 comments:

Fred (Expie) said...

I was at a loose end between worrying and going to bed, so I thought I'd check your blog. I read a few days and I now know why you seem more accepting, and happier with it (I hope). I'm sorry to hear about your tic, it sounds awful and I hope it clears soon. I'll take a few deep breaths for you and send some love,
keep smiling.

megan said...

thanks fred. it's all better now, for now...it comes and goes. i'm thinking about you and hope you can stay centered. xox

Fred said...

I'm feeling much better, using the slow cooker for the first time, and waiting patienty. Glad to hear you are better... for now :)
Hugs.