Friday, June 19, 2009

one good thing about being single

falling in love with yourself again.

it's the best thing in the world. especially if someone has been repugnant to you and rejected you and the things that you loved or wanted to share with them. it feels good to remember who you are, without trying to bend and twist to fit someone else.

things i love, and that i love loving:

music with great lyrics
playing games like boggle and scrabble
doing art
sewing my own pants
being really silly in the grocery store
a great book
a great word
colors
a thriving garden
eyeshadow
fruit--the look, the taste, the smell, the shape
walking
riding my bike
making stuff
paper
making envelopes
writing letters
writing everything
feeling my body work
clean sheets
clotheslines
rabbits
new underwear
printmaking
learning new information
making connections
having insights
freedom
sea salt
the ocean
awesome looking cars
photographs

just to name a few.

i am grateful for:

my wonderful counselor
the way things are fitting into place and smoothly working (even on the hard days)
fresh food
the generosity of my community
my self

2 comments:

Tyler said...

I love your constant lists and reminders of things you are thankful for. It's something that I think we could all use more of (especially myself), and it is refreshing to see your lists.

:)

megan said...

thanks, tyler. i love them, too. and i love all and only, i'm so glad i found it.