Saturday, November 17, 2007

dad

my dad was kind enough to read my blog with an open heart and mind and left a comment on my stormy day post. i cannot describe in words how much i love my dad. he is kind, compassionate, thoughtful, hideously funny, supremely well-informed and just beautiful. he raised me all by himself and made a ton of sacrifices to do it. everyone who knows me knows how much i adore my dad and by extension they all love him, rightly so. he is a very calm and quiet person--two words that distinctly DO NOT describe me as a child/teenager. i was, quite mildly, a challenge--a very difficult child. my dad made approximately two mistakes as a parent and is in no way a failure. if it weren't for him i would be a horrible person and i'm eternally grateful for his existence. it's the truth. there is no one on earth more supportive than my dad and one of the goals of my life is to always be there for him with anything he needs, forever. i love, you, dad!

No comments: