Sunday, June 29, 2008

let's get graphic

rodney brought home the LCC course catalog from his testing and advisor meeting day and i devoured the graphic design program. art, art, art classes! design, design, design classes! electives of MORE art and design classes...drool drool.
i'm bitterly jealous and already sick of the several times a day report about this or that planned out class schedule and this or that bemoaned math class, etc. etc. and all i hear (besides all that) is maybe you can go next year. or the year after that. yeah yeah.
why does my stuff always get put off til the last? yes, i know it's more practical this way. i know all the logic stuff. but that doesn't change it being yet another occasion of my dreams, wishes, standards....etc...coming dead last.
i'm happy for rodney--my jealousy takes nothing from that. he's wanted this for a long time, too. and he's settled on what he wants to study and is excited. it's wonderful for him, and for all of us. it's very exciting to think of the comfort and stability offered by a degree-job. it won't wreck his body and will use his mind. he's studying to be a water conservation technician, which is awesome and necessary. so kudos to all that stuff. i know it and appreciate it...
but this is my blog and i can whine if i want to!
so picture me stomping my feet and wailing "I WANNA GO TO GRAPHIC DESIGN SCHOOL! I WANNA MAC AND A BIG PALETTE OF OVERLY EXPENSIVE MARKERS! I WANNA STUDY EVERY KIND OF PRINTING IMAGINABLE !" STOMP stomp.
okay, i guess that's enough.
maybe next year.

No comments: