Sunday, May 4, 2008

spark the candles, i'm here

nahnahnahnahnahna--they say it's your birthday! nahnahnahnahnahnah--it's my birthday, too!

we had a great dinner with dad and beckie at ring of fire. an appetizer of calamari, a bottle of red wine that beckie picked (it was quite delicious), yellow thai curry, yummy phad something or other noodles with veggies, and this tasty special involving a wok and new york steak pieces that were the tenderest thing i've ever eaten. followed by my standard dessert of coconut custard with homemade coconut ice cream. super delicious. nana and papa watched the kids and a great time was had by all, even jubal--who didn't cry once.

i realize 29 is young, but it's still another year to me, and i don't FEEL 29, whatever that feels like. 27 i felt, but this one just feels like another digit. a year away from 30, whatever that means. i still woke up to a mountain of laundry and dishes (though rodney IS washing the dishes, bless his soul). still diapers and dog training and dealing with my mostly good but recently disappointing car...that involves compiling all of my soap profits and all of my birthday money to pay for parts and labor. plus i have to go to lorane today to pick up the car. i have this thing where people are supposed to do whatever they want (within reason) on their birthday, but it doesn't always extend to my own birthday--part of the parenting thing, i guess. i kind of wish i had a fairy god mother who would wave her wand and totally organize my house and garden, because what i really wanted for my birthday was relief from the weight of the burden of all the stuff i always have to do. i suppose it's not quite realistic, even for the BEST holiday of the year!

aside from the stuff i have to do, i don't know yet what i'll choose to do today, but i'll make it good. a nice set up for the year to come...which i hope is loaded with fun, adventure, calm, joy, love, comfort, laughs, peace, pleasure, growth, abundance, faith, family, confidence, health, art, honing of skills, and stretching further into the world. i hope for an even better relationship with my husband, and a blossoming relationship with my sister. i hope i always feel grateful for what i have and for what is. and i hope i never stop growing up and out into the wide world, and down and deep into my own spirit.

today i am grateful for: my life. my parents. my body. my dreams. my mind.

also a special thank you to everyone who wished me well this birthday and sent goodies and cards and love. thanks so much! i love you.

No comments: